Thursday, 29 March 2012

Mini Haul

My God it’s hot here today! Thank goodness university wasn’t on today so I didn’t have to spend the entire day stuck in some hot classroom. So instead I went into town with one of my best mates and did a bit of shopping in the lovely spring sun. I didn’t want to spend a lot as I really have over spent recently but I did originally go to take some stuff back to Primark that didn’t fit so I felt as though I could splurge a little. HAHA. So after a lovely lunch at pizza hut I went to get the goodies.

NYX Glitter Cream Palette.05 Bronze Goddess
I’ve being eyeing this up for a while but after reading a few bad reviews online it really put me off. However I decided to just bite the bullet and get it. It’s a funny texture, a bit like Vaseline with glitter but I feel as though it would be nice for  just a simple wash of glitter for a day time look, or perhaps use a heavier hand for a Smokey eye look.  I really dont think this deserves the bad rep it has, as you can see below its pretty pigmented. I am really pale though so maybe thats why they show up op me? I love simple Smokey neutral eyes and so this is perfect for me  and I actually rather like it!



NYX Nail Polish in 24 Glitter
Im a sucker for Glitter and anything like this I will buy automatically. It reminds me of Razzle Dazzle by Deborah Lippmann (which is one of fave polishes) but in a gold version. Im yet to use this but after a quick swatch it seems like it would take 3 coats to get in opaque, but I don’t really mind that as I love depth in polishes!

Boots, Glycerine and Rosewater.
So this was a very researched buy. I’ve recently been running out of Mac Fix+ and as much as I like it I can’t really justify the price for what is really Glycerine and water with some other chemicals shoved in.  After reading around on the internet I’ve found that this mixed with some other bits and bobs (I’ll do a post on it soon) can be a substitute for fix+ with better benefits for the skin.

Skirt- Forever 21
I have a gift card from my birthday for forever 21. So I went in today with my friend who bought me the card to see what to get. I found this skirt at the front with the amazing price of £3.99 in the sale! How could I not get it! It’s a lovely purple colour and can be worn as a high waisted skirt and it’s a lovely material.  One thing that I do have to say about forever 21 is that the sizing is awful. I can be anything from a small to plus size which is awkward when you want to quickly buy something. I got this in a medium as its stretchy and looks like it would cover my big bum!

So that’s about it! Like I said im trying not buy too much but I couldn’t resist these beauties. What about you? What are your new fave products or bargains?  Until next time.
R xx

No comments:

Post a Comment