Friday, 28 September 2012

Elf Cream Blush



Hi Guys!

Oh dear… Its never good when a company has something such as a 50% off voucher as I can just never seem to stop myself. The same came when I was browsing elf recently as if you order £50 you got £25 off, with free shipping for orders over £30.. Therefore I just had to spend £30 and pick up a few things I had been eyeing up for months! The problem I find with ordering online, in order to justify the expense I tend to buy big amounts as then I only have to do a elf order every 4 months or so and by that time I know what I like and they have new goodies! The same can be said for today when this beauty arrived…




I will be doing an Elf Haul soon, but it’s going to be product by product and I want a chance to use the product before reviewing it so this may take a few weeks. But when this arrived this morning the first thing that caught my eye was this.

It’s the ELF Studio Cream Blush in Heartbreaker

They say: This amazing blush offers the best of both worlds! It smoothes on as a cream for great texture and then transforms into a velvety soft powder finish for long-lasting rich color that’s never greasy! The lightweight, refreshing oil-free formula looks natural and radiates a beautiful glow perfect for all skin types. The soft powder finish can be layered for desired intensity and dimension.

Now I must admit im fairly new to the cream blush thing… After spending what seems like my entire life in make up trying to be matte its new to me not to finish everything with lashings of powder, although recently ive been trying for a more glowing look and less powdery. So I wanted to try cream blushes. After only owning one (review here) and wanting to try more I picked up this.

It’s a really nice baby pink/rosy colour. Nothing like the online swatch though. One thing I will say about ELF is they really need to sort out their colour swatches online. Although they all are pretty colours and I like the colour this came in (thanks to Google searches) its nothing like the swatch on the website. So when ordering I would say look up the product first to get a good colour sample range. This colour would be perfect for fair skin tones used lightly and darker skin tones used as more of a accent colour. Its got a subtle shimmer that comes out more as the colour pigment wears off. I really like this!

Its super soft and reminds me of the Maybelline Bouncy Blush?? Is that Right? But with much more colour pay off as its super pigmented and perfect for just blending on and going. It finishes to a nice powder finish but with glow and a lot more natural looking than just slapping on some powder. I only used this this morning so as for lasting power I cant say, it has lasted for around 6 hours and is just starting to fade and go patchy but for a cheapish product you cant complain. 

This comes in at £6 which is pricy for elf but great for a cream blush as the size you get is huge!! It’s a 15g pot which is bigger than most cream blushes I have seen.

I adore this and will be buying some more colours of it next time I place and order when ELF have another discount!!


What do you think of ELF? How do you wear your cream blush?

No comments:

Post a Comment