Thursday, 13 September 2012

Review- Mac studio Fix Fluid


Hi guys

I've never really been into Mac. I know someone who inst into Mac!!! Whilst I have a few eye shadows and bits and pieces, I just find it too be really over priced for items that the drugstore can do just as well most of the time. But recently when I had a bit of extra money I decided I would treat myself to a new face basics routine using Mac products, as i figured with the reputation they have it would be a good investment. 

I wanted the basics, so foundation, concealer and powder. This post is about the foundation I picked up.



Now before I start I should point out that my everyday look is pretty high maintenance Fake nails, fake eyelashes, hair extensions and make up wise I like full coverage flawless look with doll like elements. Whilst I get this may not be for everyone this is how I do mine. So out of a foundation I tend to look for the following things :

Great coverage
No shine
Powder like finish
Staying power
 
I asked the woman in Mac and she suggested this foundation.

It’s the Studio Fix Fluid, SPF 15 in shade NC15. Which I believe is the lightest shade they do. On this point though I do have to say it still isn’t that light, the website picture looks nothing like it in real life. Its almost like a yellow toned ivory, which honestly I still think is a tadge dark for me still. Which is annoying but I can work with it.
If you were porcelain pale or really fair (which is hard as im pretty pale) I don’t think you would be able to wear this without looking muddy or just orange.

Mac say
A modern foundation that combines a natural matte finish and medium-buildable coverage with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15. Comfortable and long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours. Applies smoothly, builds coverage quickly and easily. Contains specially treated micronized pigments and soft-focus powders for a super-smooth look that helps minimize the appearance of imperfections. Absorbs and disperses oil. Contains special skin-conditioning ingredients. Oil free.

So sounds like something I’d be after.

I’ve had this foundation for about 10 days now and have used various brushes and powders with it to try and see what works best. I can honestly say I don’t love this foundation. Which is a shame as its not cheap at £20.50.

Also the pump that comes with it- yeah you have to buy that for another £4.... Not impressed.

Firstly I find that it makes me look cakey- I don’t know if this is the way im applying it, the powder or whatever but it just does not sit on my skin right. If I apply it at 9am in the morning by around 1ish the cakey look is gone and I love the finish that is left, but that’s 4 hours of cake face…
I’ve tried using minimal products and buffing the hell out of it and it just does not happen…Im hoping the more I play with it, ill discover how’s best to use it.
I asked Mac to be given the answer “the foundation may not be right for you” which is useful…

Also I cannot stand the smell. It smells paint like and just not like something you want to put on your face.

Coverage wise it is good coverage, dries to a powder like finish and lasts a while which is why it’s such a shame I won’t be repurchasing.

Overall I give this foundation
5/10 which for Mac I don’t think is worth it, and ill stick to my drugstore foundations in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment