Friday, 19 October 2012

Lush Brazened Honey



Hi Guys.
Urgh, the bad part of going back to uni.  Freshers flu.   Im sat in bed right now with a lemsip in my pj’s. I shouldn’t get this! Im not a fresher!
When imill my skin goes from looking glowy and full to dull, flaky and acne prone so it’s important that I look after it. Especially with the cold weather we are having recently. So I recently picked up a new facemask.




I love facemasks, I use them about 3 times a week and have a huge list of favourites but am always on the lookout for more. This is when I saw this mask:
Lush Brazened Honey.
It says:
“Sage, Juniper and rosemary infusions, ground cardamon and clove bud oil for their antiseptic qualities. Eggs, honey and almond oil to soothe, soften and moisturise the skin. Fresh fennel, fresh ginger root, fresh parsley and fresh coriander to detox, and stimulate and their enzymes will help break down dead skin cells. Fresh lime juice cleans and degreases.  Ground almond shells act as a stimulating scrub to lift away dead grey skin. Finally kaolin and talc absorb grease and give a lovely texture to hold all those ingredients onto the skin. Together they make a mask that will wake up tired, neglected skin”
When I look for a mask I normally go for ones that help acne, are calming, nourishing, help make skin glowing and  most importantly smell good. So this one seemed to fit the bill. The woman who helped me out at Lush said that this mask doesn’t promise anything with acne but should help to sort out tired over made up skin which needs some TLC. So I thought I would give it ago.
Firstly though, I will say, if you hate honey stay away from this. It stinks like sticky honey. I personally love it as I adore anything honey scented, especially the lush smell, but I can see why it would turn a lot of people off.
Out of the pot I just apply a rich layer all over my skin and down my neck, I leave this on for 15-20 mins then wash off. Although its slightly hard to walk about doing things with this mask because of the granules in it it flakes when dry and goes everywhere. But nothing a simple sit down or lie down won’t fix. Great for just relaxing and pampering.



(attractive photo time)
Another things about this mask is the fact it has almonds in it. Which are rough and lumpy and work as an exfoliator in the shower when im washing this off. I simple get a bit of water on it and scrub gently giving a great scrub effect. Although if you have sensitive skin or skin that you need to be gentle on this could be way too harsh as its deffo a good treatment.
Out of the tub, using a smallish amount each time I would say I’ve had about 10 uses which is more than average but that’s me being slightly conservative with it. For nearly £6 a mask its on the pricey side as well, so saving it is good. It’s also a fresh mask and so needs to be put in the fridge and goes for within 3 weeks of purchase, but if you use it 2-3 times a week it will be gone before that.   
Results?
Personally I love this mask and I will be repurchasing. Its made my skin soft and clear and really helped to deep cleanse the dull build up I was getting from the weather and wearing loads of makeup. Almost like a detox for my skin. My skin has cleared up loads too, but that could be due to other factors but this hasn’t given me a breakout which I was weary of.
Overall I think you should try this product! If you like honey and are after a rich deep cleansing mask for soft clear skin then try this out!!
Have you tired this? What do you think? What are the other Mask face masks like?

No comments:

Post a Comment