Friday, 12 October 2012

Review- Mac studio finish concealer


Hi!

Another Mac post review.




This time on the concealer. Those of you who read my blog know I like high coverage look, and so reading about this online and trying it in the shop it seemed right up my alley as Mac say:

A lightweight, creamy, discreetly opaque concealer. Provides a smooth, long-wearing invisible coverage for all skin blemishes. Water-resistant, fragrance-free and non-blemishgenic. This emollient-based, lightweight concealer is so concentrated that a tiny amount can provide opaque coverage of the skin's imperfections and discolourations. It effectively covers dark circles, blemishes, moles, tattoos and birthmarks. Enriched with antioxidants (derivatives of Vitamin A and Vitamin E), it also contains Silica to help adsorb the skin's oils. Concealer has an SPF of 35 and is available in a wide range of colours. It can be applied with a medium to firm fibre brush (try the 242 Brush), a latex sponge, or the fingertips.

I am of course talking about the Studio Finish SPF 35 concealer. I was recommended in the shade NW15. Which is different to the foundation colour of NC15.

This concealer to me, is just average. Nothing special and not worth the £14.50 price tag.

The colour isn’t what I would normally choose either as it seem way to orange and warm toned for my pale skin. I do worry that when I use this I look so fake and it creases all over eye circles. Which is annoying as I asked the woman in the shop If I could use it for eye circles and blemishes and she said I could. I really don’t think I can, as it’s so thick and creamy that its almost like stage make up on my skin, defiantly not lightweight.

Again thought, it does last a long time, if creased and for blemishes its fine. Just not as good as I would expect.

In case you cant tell im really not impressed by this and I wont be re purchasing.

Giving this 5/10

What do you think? Am i using this wrong, are there any tips? Or do you love Mac Products?

No comments:

Post a Comment